Wednesday 19 April 2017

Pond Water

Over the last few years I have greatly enjoyed using Distress Ink Pads and was curious when I heard about the new Oxide Distress Ink Pads. So many colours to choose from! To start I chose my old and treasured favourites - Peeled Paint and Broken China and decided to use them to create my Pond Water pages.


I don't have a heat sheet so I use a piece of acetate and placed it over a sheet of white kitchen towel so I could see the colours as I wiped the ink pad over the acetate. I sprayed the ink patches well with water then dabbed the 12"x12" card onto the ink to create my patterned paper.


This is a nice way to work because you can keep adding ink and water until you have covered as much card as you want to. If you google Tim Holtz and Distress Oxide he has a great demo showing how the inks layer on top of each other and dry with a soft matt finish when water is applied to the ink. This effect looked great for my photo's.


I decided to use some of the Pixie Powder mentioned in yesterdays blog post. The shimmer reminds of the sunlight on the water.


Two back ground pages complete, I'm now looking for a few accessories to compliment my photo's.




1 comment:

  1. I am loving the new distress oxide inks - great idea to combine them with pixie powders!

    ReplyDelete