Friday 25 August 2017

Ink Sprays, Paint and Stencils

I love having time to get my paints and ink sprays out so my sisters birthday was the perfect excuse. We often get together and swap ideas over a cuppa, its funny how we like similar colours and designs and I wanted to make something personal.


I started with some Dylusion ink sprays that I bought from A Maze of Memories when I visited earlier in the year, I used the ghosting technique, then stenciled Dylusions paint through square, swirl and flower stencils.


The black spots and numbers were stamped using black archival ink once the ink and paint was dry. I doodled around the edge then added a few white lines with a piece of card dragged through white paint.


Dylusions produce colouring sheets and these images were trimmed (and coloured using zig pens) for detail on the front of the card along with a couple of birds that were swapped with a lady I met on my trip to Harrogate.


Two birds chatting!


The final piece mounted on a 7"x7" white card. Vibrant and a little crazy.






1 comment: